5 Locate and open the local Arduino files
The Arduino files can typcailly be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino. If not, look under C:\Program Files.
- Move the previous window, with the Libraries and Hardware folder so that it is visible and next to the window showing the Arduino folder contents.
- Press and hold the CRTL button on your keyboard and with your mouse, select both the Libraries and Hardware folders.
- Release the CTRL button and using the mouse, select and drag both folders into the empty area below the files in the Arduino files window.
- At the Replace or Skip Files window, select Replace the files in the destination.
- You may be asked to provide administrator permission- Click on Continue to do so.
- The Libraries folders should be merged, not nested. An alternative method- Open the Marlin libraries folder, and move the three folders found within (SPI, Liquid Crystal, and U8Glib) to the Arduino IDE libraries folder.
- The folders should now be merged with your Arduino IDE installation. The Arduino IDE should now be updated with the required libraries.
- Open and close the Arduino IDE program before attempting to compile or load any firmware.